Saturday, March 23, 2019

3 AM photos of Rushy Marsh Pond and the Ocean

I woke up early and went for a walk with camera and tripod to take some at night pictures of a nearby pond (Rushy Marsh Pond) and the ocean near our house.  It was snowing increasingly hard, the sky was very cloudy, there was no moon visible, so it was fairly dark, but I was able to capture color images using 30 s exposure and maximum aperture opening.  The light was probably as diffuse as it can be.  It was amazing to me to see these color images, since to through my eyes the world around me was entirely shades of gray.
Looking from the road through trees at Rushy Marsh Pond


Another shot looking from the road through trees at Rushy Marsh Pond

From the bank of Rushy Marsh Pond looking northeast 

From the bank of Rushy Marsh Pond looking east

From the bank of Rushy Marsh Pond looking southeast.  You can see a house light near the center of the picture - this is a clue the picture was taken at night
From Oregon beach looking east.  The ocean was not still but at the 30s exposure the small waves are smoothed out.



From Oregon beach looking southeast.  I couldn't tell there was snow on the sand, to me it looked like a diffuse light was shining on the beach; I checked over my shoulder a couple times thinking a light had turned on behind me.

Looking north along Oregon Beach.  A light from a distant house possibly on Osterville Grand Island can be seen in the distance - I did not notice by eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment